The earliest mention of Gleneely N.S. that we have come across is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland – Parishes of County Donegal 2 1835-36, Mid, West & South Donegal Vol.39.
The old Gleneely School was built in 1847 at a cost of £70 on land owned by John Bradley. It was a one roomed building with a fire at each end.
Two teachers taught there one at each end with their children facing them. It was resold back to the Bradley family in 1959 at a cost of £200 and is still owned by Henry Bradley to this day.
In 1958 a new building was constructed down the road on the present site.
Please see here for short history of our school: School History»