Welcome

Welcome to Gleneely National School’s Website. We hope you find it easy to navigate and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions to you may have to make it even better.

History

The earliest mention of Gleneely N.S. that we have come across is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland – Parishes of County Donegal 2 1835-36, Mid, West & South Donegal Vol.39.

The old Gleneely School was built in 1847 at a cost of £70 on land owned by John Bradley.  It was a one roomed building with a fire at each end. 

Two teachers taught there one at each end with their children facing them.  It was resold back to the Bradley family in 1959 at a cost of £200 and is still owned by Henry Bradley to this day.

In 1958 a new building was constructed down the road on the present site.

Please see here for short history of our school: School History»

  1. Blue Nose Day

    Posted by
    / / Leave a comment
    This year we are proud to be supporting Blue Nose Day on the 27th of April – to help create a more Autism friendly world.
  2. 5K update!

    Posted by
    / / Leave a comment
                  Once again our 5K was a huge success, thanks to everyone who organised the event. €1900 was raised to buy a defibrillator for the school and local area. The winning Gleneely boy and girl – Luke Doherty and Niamh Browne  
  3. Fundraising 5K

    Posted by
    / / Leave a comment
    It’s just over a week until our 5K and we would like to mention some of our sponsors – Alan Reid Design, Signworx, Ballybofey Autofactors, The Hatters Tearoom, The Book Centre, Aurivo, Nomadic, Kees Hotel, Siemans, Eclipse Cinemas, Bradley Tractor Parts, Embroidery and Alterations, Foy & Company, Toymaster, Instyle Hair,...

Calendar of News and Events

April 2019
M T W T F S S
« Mar    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930